(Senior) Quantity Surveyor
This is a great opportunity for an experienced (Senior) Quantity Surveyor to join a principal contractor and work on large scale Rail projects.
The company is an award-winning principal contractor with over 25 years' experience in the rail and energy industry. They deliver a number of multi disciplinary projects with the highest level of professionalism and quality. Your role as Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for looking after the post contract packages using Network Rail and NEC contracts.
Key responsibilities for this (Senior) Quantity Surveyor role:
- Commercial management of various projects /work packages as directed. These may include Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way
- Provide key commercial interface along with contractual and commercial support to Project Managers, Package Managers and Engineering Departments.
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and change control.
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks.
- Be responsible for maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements and work and collaborate with key stakeholders (finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and clients).
Experience required for this (Senior) Quantity Surveyor role:
- Minimum 5 years previous Quantity Surveyor experience, ideally within a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, construction
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification- RICS, ICES or similar
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods, forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to manage commercial strategies
- Strong Contractual knowledge in NR4, NR9, NR12 and NEC contracts.
- The ideal candidate will be working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor or looking to step up in the near future.
Package offered for this (Senior) Quantity Surveyor role:
- From £350 a day working outside scope or IR35
- Initial 6 month contract with view to extend
How to apply for this (Senior) Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interest in this position, then please apply via this job board or call Rebecca Green on 07714 602304.
Apply now for this role for further details and immediate consideration. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business
(Senior) Quantity Surveyor