Civils and Design Estimator
Salary / Benefits:
£45,000 - £60,000 dependant on experience, plus car / car allowance and package
A successful organisation that specialises in fabrication, on steel railway structures and bridges / Road structures and bridges I looking to take on a Civil & Design Estimator to support a number of recently secured several long term contracts in the rail sector.
- Understand the latest British Standards and be able to produce cohesive bills of quantities (BOQ) drawings, sketches to allow costs to be established and material to be ordered.
- Be able to estimate design costs, drawing time and assist input into production programmes to ensure capacity availability and confirm deadlines can be met.
- Liaise and work with other estimators within the business to produce compliant bids and secure contracts across all business sectors, including piling, civils and building works
- Organise estimates based on full design-build bids, estimate costs associated with labour, equipment, and materials.
- Analyse structural steel drawings and specifications.
- Produce high quality written submissions in a timely manner.
- Prepare "take off" materials included in projects.
- Liaise with bidding teams on accurate estimates for upcoming projects and potential estimations for any changes within work bank scope.
- Analyse and report on any potential risk within bid documents.
- Report estimations to internal stakeholders and escalate any potential issues.
- Consult senior management team on current steel trends and pricing
- Communicate with all contractors regarding change of orders or project requirements
- Negotiate effectively with contractors
- Handle all tender queries both internally and externally.
- As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
Skills & Expertise
- Extensive steel and civil estimating experience and be versed in steel fabrication principles
- A thorough understanding of Civil Engineering
- Experienced working with and managing civils, design and steel estimating.
- Career based experience through railway infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working on multidisciplinary rail projects.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite including use Excel to record and extract information
- Ability to plan schedule and programme several estimations concurrently
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and commercial skills
For further information and to apply please get in touch.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.