Job Title: Telecoms Engineer
Location: South east London
Salary / Benefits: £52,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Start Date: immediate start available
My client manager manage, scope, programme and plan all types of track maintenance and renewals activities including: Enhanced Track Renewals, Corrective Maintenance, Rail Transposition, Train Arrestor Installation, Spot Re-Sleepering, Re-Railing, Track Reconditioning, Wet Bed Remediation, Points and Crossings, Holding Down Bolts, Stressing, Pit-Block Replacement, Conductor Rail Replacement, Life Extension Works, Telecoms , M&E & Signalling maintenance.
- Understand principles and maintenance of CCTV systems - essential
- Understanding of SDH/PDH Transmission, Fibre optic cabling. - desirable
- Understanding of Tunnel Telephone systems - desirable
- Understanding of radio principles (GSMR/LFEPA) - essential
- Understanding of faulting and maintenance of VIDS/THIDs - essential
- Understanding of PABX Telephony - desirable
- Understanding of PAVA systems - essential
- Understanding of PHPs - essential
- Understanding of Networking/IP - essential
- BTEC ONC- HNC-HND in either electronics, telecoms or ICT or a related field - essential
- IRSE in Telecoms Maintenance and Faulting - desirable
- PTS - essential
- COSS - desirable
- Basic first aid desirable
- QAF54 Room Awareness - desirable
- Full UK driving licence (Manual) - essential
- Target for response to a train delay/safety fault is 20 minutes from receipt of call from FRC/AICC to reaching site. Ensure FRC is rung when the team gets to site to confirm arrival.
- Diagnose and repair faults to restore equipment to service as soon as possible. Where not possible there and then, liaise with customers via FRC to ensure that a way forward is agreed that is accepted by all relevant parties. Where possible make safe, restore service, and return later to make a permanent repair.
- Accurately record details of faults on the Fault Cards, so that it is clear what happened, when, and what the next steps are if the fault is still open.
- Plan in any faults within the priorities set and maintenance in the agreed timescales to meet contract KPIs.
- Adhere to the applicable laws, standards and policies at all times.
- Update MAXIMO with scheduling information and work details after attendance.
- Keep FRC informed on fault updates and status.
- Managing and attending Y1 faults in within the agreed KPIs.
- Ensuring the required competencies are kept up-to-date for the role.
- Covering Telecoms CRE duties when the Telecoms CRE is unavailable.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Job Title: Telecoms Engineer