Our client is a General Contractor with a diverse portfolio of ICI new build and reno/retrofit projects. Due to continued growth, they are looking to identify an experienced Estimator to join the team.
- Estimating and tendering complete construction projects as a Lead Estimator.
- Prepare parts of the estimate in conjunction with the Estimating team.
- Preparing preliminary estimates upon the request of Clients, Engineers and Architects.
- Preparing estimates for contemplated change orders or claims for on-going projects.
- CET and/or Quantity Surveyor designation is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an estimating role with a General or Civil Contractor.
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset.
- Time management and organizational skills (pre-planning, multi-tasking, documentation)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective at problem solving and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills