6 Months fixed term contract with a view to go permanent.
Salary / Benefits: £35,000 - £48,000 negotiable plus: car / allowance and package.
A multidisciplinary civil engineering company and approved Principal Contractor are looking to take on a Quantity Surveyor to join there successful railway division.
To administer all commercial aspects within an allocated portfolio of projects, from inception through to final account and close out, to deliver maximum commercial results.
Skills & Experience required
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a QS with a proven track record working on major projects in the Railway sector.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of finance systems and various forms of contracts
- Understanding of Cost and budget administration & Financial and commercial reporting
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working with the SQS to lead, manage, develop the commercial teams across your portfolio of projects.
- Raise commercial awareness and embed commercial focus and best practise across each project team.
- Assist on all contractual matters from inception to close out
- Manage the Risk & Opportunity process,
- Manage budgets ensuring all costs are correctly allocated into the relevant WBS.
- Assist in the administering of robust project life cycle cost forecasts
- Be responsible to and maintain rigorous cost controls including early warning systems and provide robust accurate financial data and management reports on each project through the monthly reporting cycle including EVM.
- Provide procurement support to ensure each project is delivered safely, timely, at the least cost and to optimal quality.
- Ensure all procurement expenditure has been validated by the operational delivery team
- Deliver contractually agreed cash flow and ensure all AFP's are submitted / assessed in line with the contractual timescales.
- Negotiate and agree contractual disputes and final accounts within DFA Levels.
- Undertaking site measure queries.
Get in touch for further information & to apply.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.