Job Title: Operational Excellence Lead
Location: Rochester - Kent
Day rate: £450 - £500 p/d outside IR35 (DOE)
Contract: 6 months initial contract
Working pattern: 3 days in Rochester and 2 days working from home
A fantastic opportunity for an Operational Excellence Lead has arisen with a Tier 1 Contractor to work within a growing metering business division.
The expanding division specialises in building high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits feeding to the grid, substations, power stations and onshore and offshore projects.
You will be a key part of the Operational Excellence team, responsible for driving and managing process improvement projects. You will be required to deliver a varied list of improvement initiatives and manage projects through to their successful completion using a range of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies.
Key responsibilities for the Operational Excellence Lead:
- Agree project and initiative prioritisation with the OE Team.
- Lead the execution of the agreed projects and initiatives quantifiably to improve performance or reduce risk. (Initiatives will run concurrently and will include such like as Workplace Design & Management; Stock control; Standardisation of key activities; Implementing a daily standup and coaching the site team in its use; Implementing a problem solving and lean framework; Diagnosis and subsequent improvement of a major transactional process)
- Reporting: To report project milestone status with all stake holders providing regular updates to senior management
- Benefit Quantification: Quantify benefits potential and realised from the projects/initiatives in terms of £ savings (ROI) and/or Metric improvements, obtain sign-off for closure.
- Collaboration: Supports best practice sharing, replication and standardisation across business areas where appropriate
- Learning & Development: Development and implementation of training program(s) on Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools / techniques. Facilitating, training, and coaching team members in the use of quality & statistical tools /techniques.
Experience required for the Operational Excellence Lead:
- Demonstrable experience in working in an operations and/or service environment
- Prior Process Improvement experience with demonstrated success in leading projects in Cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Customer value focussed – The shaping of business improvements opportunities which build in quality through the eyes of our customers
- The ability to analyse data in a structured fashion and objectively represent the case for change
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the organisation without direct reporting lines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project roadmaps
- Change agent with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organisation and be hands-on to implement improvement design
- Design thinker with the ability to shape innovation and initiatives from problem statements
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Holds experience in any of the following: manufacturing, utilities, financial or retail head office
How to apply for this role:
If you are interested in this Operational Excellence Lead position then please apply via this job board or alternatively you can send an up to date CV or call me on 07540750921.
Apply now for further details and immediate consideration for this role. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business