Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Enfield, North London
Salary / Benefits
£55,000 - £65,000 negotiable dependant on experience plus car / allowance package.
A leading player in the civil engineering and infrastructure sectors specialising in across transportation, highways and energy sectors is looking to take on an experienced Senior Health & Safety Advisor to work on major civils infrastructure projects in North London.
To be suitable for the role we are seeking candidates with:
- Previous experience as a H&S Manager
- Proven management skills
- Experience across major infrastructure projects (Rail, Groundworks Highways, Roads, Energy etc)
- NEBOSH General or Ideally Diploma
- Knowledge of key systems including ISO management systems
- Experience of auditing for ISO45001 & ISO14001 around accreditation requirements as well as other relevant sector-specific quality standards.
- Experience of working on remediation works would be benifical ie. construction of roads, bridges and flood mitigation measures; as well as electricity, gas, communications, water connections and new landscaped parkland areas.
- Any other qualifications in Environmental or Quality
- Membership to other professional bodies (IEMA CQI etc.)
Reporting to the Project Health & Safety Manager / the Senior Site Representative (SSR) and The Senior Health & Safety Manager.
Responsible for assisting to develop a positive health & safety culture focused upon accident prevention and improving the health & safety of all personnel on site. Initiate and maintain positive measures to raise standards, ensuring the company complies with OHSAS 18001 obligations, health & safety legislation and all minimum health & safety standards (MSS). Support the monitoring of sites through the audit process, in a proactive manner to address any issues.
Responsible for ensuring effective investigations take place to prevent accidents & incidents, whilst ensuring effective learning from all events are presented to The Senior Health & Safety Manager for wider business distribution.
For full details and to discuss in depth please get in touch.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs