Salary / Benefits:
£38,000 - £43,000 dependant on experience plus allowance and package.
Principal contractor specialising in Rail and Civils infrastructure projects across the UK is seeking a Design Coordinator to support the Design team on large scale Network Rail project in Birmingham.
The successful candidate with be responsible for
- Assisting the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project including: Document control, requests for information, technical queries and file management.
- To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring compliance with Building Regulations and Employer's Requirements (ERs),
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme
- Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
- Liaising with Design Team members on approval matters Monitoring and "policing" document control system:
- Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management system
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- Previous experience in Design and Engineering in the rail, civils or construction sectors.
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, preferably BEng or higher, or equivalent
- Experience working on Major Projects
- Good communication skills are required,
- An ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Strong proficiency in the use of all Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
While not essential is would be desirable if;
- You are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream
- Understanding of CAD or BIM
- Hold other relevant qualifications in Civil Engineering, Construction mechanical/electrical etc.
- Hold CSCS card
Get in touch to apply
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries