Our client is a Mechanical and Electrical building consulting firm located in the Mississauga area and they are looking for a skilled Senior Mechanical Designer to join their team. The Senior Mechanical Designer must have previous building consulting experience and a strong understanding of REVIT software. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain valuable hands-on work experience in a dynamic, team-based working environment. If you think you could be a good fit for the Senior Mechanical Designer role you are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Designer:
- Prepare drawings, specifications and reports necessary to deliver a project.
- Design building systems in accordance with the requirements of municipal or provincial building code and other applicable standards.
- Check layouts and services for continuity; developing various mechanical systems layouts in coordination with the structural, architectural, and electrical components of a building.
- Develop layouts and design of mechanical building systems such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning, fire protection systems, plumbing and draining systems, and specialized plumbing systems (natural gas, fuel oil, medical gas, etc.) Coordinate with other disciples as required.
- Prepare calculations to size ductwork, gas, HVAC, piping, plumbing and drainage. Incorporate calculations into technical drawings.
- Prepare calculations to size equipment and prepare equipment schedules that are project specific. Coordinate with necessary project consultants to review equipment.
- Design mechanical building systems directly in Revit/CAD; adhering to company BIM/CAD standards.
Qualifications for the Senior Mechanical Designer:
- Three or more years of direct industry experience in the field of mechanical building services.
- Diploma/Degree from a mechanical building services/engineering program.
- A C.E.T. with equivalent experience and abilities will be considered.
- Knowledge and experience working with Autodesk Revit 2017 or newer is required, with exposure to mechanical layouts and systems.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP.