Our client is a general contractor located in Toronto looking to identify an experienced Project Coordinator onto their team. If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Project Coordinator is located on site and reports directly to the Project Manager.
Duties and responsibilities for a Project Coordinator
- Assist the Project Manager on projects to ensure project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Complete quantity take offs from construction drawings, track and update as-built quantities and field verify when required
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
Work Experience Requirements for a Project Coordinator
- 3-7 years of Project Coordinator experience in the ICI construction sector working on small and large construction projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to diagnose, analyze, and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Analytical and strong problem-solving ability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail