Homebased with travel between Nottinghamshire / Cambridgeshire
Salary / Benefits
£45,000 - £55,000 negotiable dependant on experience plus car / car allowance & package
Seeking an Environmental Manager to work for an internationally recognised specialist piling and ground engineering subcontractor.
This is a flexible home / site-based role covering sites between Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire so open to candidates between these locations.
- Previous experience in a similar environmental role experience in similar role
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental discipline
- Construction Industry Experience
- Have full membership of an appropriate professional body ( e.g. IEMA) or working towards
- Full driving licence
- Moderate IT skills
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Promote continuous improvement of environmental/sustainability performance.
- Participate in the development, regular review and update of Management System
- Develop, implement and monitor Contract environmental management systems and the requirements of the projects Management System to meet the requirements of ISO 14001
- Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff.
- Represent and promote the Environment Team in meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums.
- Raise environment/sustainability awareness and community relations awareness (where appointed)
- Support external liaison (reality checks, audits, clients)
- Develop project environmental management plans as required
- Develop and communicate best practice case studies
- Act as company environmental representative with project clients, providing support and responding to queries
- Liaise with external parties (Local Authorities, Environmental Regulators etc) as required
- Be familiar with, understand and communicate the requirements of current environmental legislation, particularly with construction sector related environmental legislation.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance with obtaining environmental consents, licenses and exemptions required by legislation including experience of Section 61s on major infrastructure projects.
- Carry out site inspections of the project and supply chain sites and ensure compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained.
- Produce and review environmental risk assessments, method statements and management plans
For further information on the role and to apply get in touch
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.