Stockport or Irlam
Salary / Benefits
£50,000 - £60,000 dependant on experience plus package.
A multidisciplinary civil engineering company and approved Principal Contractor are looking to take on a Construction Manager to join their successful railway division in their within the Foundations/Structure Erection team.
Key Role Objective
To ensure the contracts are met to all the clients requirements and that his own companies interests in commercial, production and safety issues are covered as defined in the scope of works detailed at the start of the projects
Seeking candidates who have;
Experience of managing leading and motivating teams in a similar role
Experience working in the railway industry (Essential)
Experience of OLE structures and foundations
Ability to plan schedule and programme a project and manage all aspects of the project cycle
Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
Safe Work Leader Level 2
It was also desirable if you hold:
Safe System of Work Planner
- Liaise with the Senior Construction Manager to ensure the projects are completed to the correct specification and within the financial and time constraints allowed for in the tender.
- Liaise with the Senior Construction Manager and oversee performance of personnel and projects.
- Use your experience to work with the estimating department if required
- Attend pre contract meetings and site visits with clients to determine the scope of work.
- Organise with the client all programme requirements for both parties so client final deadlines for delivery can be achieved within own companies' capacity.
- Produce all relevant method statements for the planned work ahead.
- Liaise with the design department to ensure the clients specifications are being worked to.
- Organise all labour, plant and materials requirements for the site works.
- Oversee all site works are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the specification, time and budget.
- Upon completion of the projects attend any close out meetings if necessary to see if the client is satisfied with the work undertaken and to take on board any comments or lessons learned for future projects.
- Pass on your expertise to others with a view to expanding the OLE department within the company.
Get in touch for further information & to apply.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.