Our client is an established General Contractor looking to hire a project manager that is able to lead all activities including requisitioning shop drawings and samples, interfacing with the landlord, monitoring the quality of workmanship and safety standards, initiating site inspections with engineers and governing bodies, coordinating commissioning of tenant equipment and rectifying deficiencies.
- Responsible for the Tender process, generate tender bids, provide timely follow-up
- Minimum five (5) years work experience as a Project Manager in ICI construction
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to lead teams and communicate effectively
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational and record record-keeping skills
- Proficient in the interpretation of construction documents including drawings, specifications and contracts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Projects
- Gold Seal Certification in Project Management is an asset
- Work with management and clients to define and assess needs and recommend the appropriate service, including making site visits as required.
- Prepare quotations and proposals using standard templates and judgement.
- Attends client project meetings as required
- Develop relationships with repeat customers, and promotes sales.
- Review contract agreements.
- Review and analyze quote versus actual budget
- Screen and hire experienced Sub Contractors to Staff Construction Projects
- Coordinate project tasks with Sub Contractors to ensure smooth running of day-to-day activities
- Oversee, Order and Handle All Materials