This is a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor based near Brackley to join a principal contractor and work on major utilities projects crucial to HS2. Experience in the rail industry is key and experience on water, gas, telecoms or electricity projects will also beneficial.
The opportunity is for a joint venture that brings together international, market-leading expertise from four leading civil engineering and construction companies. All partners on this venture bring specialist expertise in the design, construction, operation, financing and maintenance of railway networks. This role will be focused specifically on HS2.
An experienced Quantity Surveyor is required who has a strong ability to commercially manage sub-contractors.
Key responsibilities for this Quantity Surveyor role:
- Commercial management of various projects /work packages as directed. These are likely to be utilities related (diversion of multiple assets, large projects).
- Strong management of sub-contractors.
- Procurement and preparation of tender documents.
- Thorough understanding of payment mechanism, change procedures and final accounts.
- NEC options A & C experience.
- Provide key commercial interface along with contractual and commercial support to Project Managers, Package Managers and Engineering Departments.
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and change control.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and clients).
Experience required for this Quantity Surveyor role:
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification.
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment.
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to manage commercial strategies.
More information for this Quantity Surveyor Role:
- Salary negotiable.
- Additional subsistence and travel allowances.
- Based four days a week in Brackley, Northants. One day a week at home.
How to apply for this Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor position, then please apply via this job board or email email@example.com or call 07734 979 689
Apply now for this Quantity Surveyor role for further details and immediate consideration. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business.