Assistant Site Manager
In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for an Assistant Site Manager to join our team at our site in Reading. As our Assistant Site Manager, you will help with the day-to-day delivery of site-based project or remedial work. You will assist in the control and delivery of construction projects to meet customer specifications (safety, quality, time, etc.) such that all risk, specification, and project objectives are met in full. To assist and when required, deputies for the Site Manager to effectively motivate, support and manage the site-based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved. To achieve the programme and quality requirements. You will promote the importance of customer relationships to the site-based team to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff. Complete all relevant paperwork as required.
In return, what we would like from you as an Assistant Site Manager…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- CSCS Card
- Valid SMSTS Certificate
- Experience working on new build projects
- Experience in the management of Health and Safety
- NVQ Level 3-4 BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
- Valid First Aid at Work Certificate
- Managing all aspects of the build process
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety obligations and building legislation
More about the Assistant Site Manager role…
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the safety policy
- Working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Supervise the day-to-day delivery of construction projects; quality, time, procurement, contractors including the supervision of sub-contractors and the monitoring of contractor attendance and progress providing direct instruction as necessary
- Ensure that detailed plans are followed such that material/resources/supply chain can be delivered to meet the overall project plan
- Ensure all materials delivered to site to meet production needs
- Ensure that all additional work is identified and that the site team are fully aware of all potential opportunities and risks
- Communicate any project issues/risks to site team to ensure that they are fully aware of project progress and is notified of all financial, specification and time risks
- Embrace learning and development opportunities
- Help to identify opportunities for improvement
- Embrace those sustainable practices relevant to your role, helping to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain up-to-date progress records for all works on site, including a site diary, progress photographs, environmental records etc.
- Always keep abreast of developments on site, so that the answer is to hand if questioned by your line management.
- Challenge everything, check and double check and feel ownership of the part of the project you are involved with.
- Ask questions to improve depth and breadth of knowledge – remember there are no stupid questions. It’s important to you if you need an answer!
- Be prepared to make presentations about the building you are involved with.
- Take every possible opportunity to improve your personal knowledge and development – expand the breadth of your knowledge-base as well as the depth.
On offer is a day rate of up to £280 a day through umbrella on a 9 month contract. The position will be based in Reading. For further information about this position please apply.