Principal Safety Consultant
Location: Predominately from home - with access to multiple offices inc: Derby, London, Bristol, York, Glasgow or Manchester.
Within the position of Senior Safety Consultant you will be accountable for leading safety engineering projects in compliance with relevant international standards such as EN50126, EN50129 or ICE 61508 and/or CSM-RA.
Key responsibilities for this Principal Safety Consultant role:
- Represent the company at industry events and committees.
- Proactively liaise with clients, regulatory bodies and other project stakeholders.
- Lead safety engineering activities for the most critical and complex of a wide range of signalling, infrastructure and rolling stock projects to ensure compliance with the CSM RA, EN5016/8/9 and relevant standards.
- Facilitate HAZOP/HAZID workshops - planning, run and write up the workshops.
- Lead proposals with novel solutions to technically challenging client needs, drawing upon formal engineering training.
- Working with clients to understand their objectives and desired outcomes for set projects.
- Identify potential risks, devise methodologies, specify clear acceptance criteria, and generate resource and cost estimates.
- Manage risk assessments for specific discipline areas.
Experience required for this Principal Safety Consultant role:
- Degree or equivalent technical qualification, with experience within a relevant engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering safety management.
- Ability to lead engineering safety for large projects from initiation through to approval and acceptance.
- Knowledge of the CSM on Risk Evaluation and Assessment regulation, EN50 126/8/9 or equivalent.
- Systems and safety engineering experience.
- Knowledge of hazard identification and analysis techniques and management of hazards through hazard records/hazard logs.
- Project Management skills to deliver on a range of projects to quality, time and budget.
- Ability to write well structured, high quality reports with clear objectives and conclusions, including the ability to tailor your style to meet the clients requirements.
- Ability to work within a consultancy environment.
Package offered for this role:
- Salary circa £70,000
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Buy and sell 5 days annual leave
- Company pension
- Life Cover
- Employee Assistance programme
- Access to private GP services
- Access to Perkbox
If you'd like any further details or would like to have a chat regarding the position before applying - feel free to drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.