Senior / Principal Civil & Structural Design Engineers
North West, commutable from Manchester, Stockport, Warrington, Northwich, Wigan and Macclesfield.
Salary / Benefits:
£55,000 - £65,000 dependant on experience plus 28 days annual holidays plus Bank holidays
Pension and Bonus Scheme.
A professional engineering consultancy services with over 25 years expereince across multiple industries including highways, local authority buildings and rail.
Supporting the Head of Rail to lead the Rail team in LNW, based out my clients office at Manchester Airport, supporting the delivery of an existing framework contract and establishing new business streams and project opportunities.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- 5 /10 years experience as a Design Engineer in the Rail / Civils infrastructure sector.
- Experience of the rail sector and specifically of Network Rail design standards and project delivery.
- Experience of running teams of engineers and technicians and be both capable and prepared to be hands on with project management and also client facing, winning new clients and projects.
- A Degree in Civil Engineering or compensating experience.
Will also concider Civil / Structural Engineers from other Civil Structural Sectors for Senior Engineers candidates and below.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
Chartered (CEng) or Incorporated Membership (IEng) with a relevant professional body
- Undertake Civil Engineering activities including, requirements capture, design, compliance management, design integration, subcontractor management, construction integration, CDM, project delivery, construction validation, commissioning, handback and project closeout.
- Develop and adapt the project technical instructions for Civil Engineering to enable the project methodology and installation activities to be undertaken in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ensure that the risk assessment and mitigation plan is adhered to so technical risks are managed effectively.
- Undertake design reviews to ensure that Design is delivered to programme and the output is compliant with defined scope and applicable standards.
- Ensure integration of design, installation and commissioning activities and that the end product meets client specification.
- Support Project team with tendering activities ensuring the quality of estimates, Civil Engineering implementation strategies and methodologies are robust, constructible and cost effective.
For full details please get in touch
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.