Derby / Homebased
Salary / Benefits
£45,000 - £50,000, negotiable dependant on experience. plus package / car allowance
A leading European tier 1 supplier for railway electrification is seeking an Environmental professional to undertake the role of Environmental Manager.
This could be a candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career or someone who is looking for a new challenge as a manager.
To be suitable for the position you must have
- Have 4 /5 Years previous experience in a similar role (Environmental)
- Experience in environmental management in the rail / construction industries
- Relevant Environmental Qualifications.
- Experience of liaising with local authorities, the general public and the client is essential.
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Membership to IEMA (MIEMA/FIEMA Desired
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- NEBOSH Environmental
- Environmental Degree.
- Network Rail project background and working knowledge of NR-L2-ENV-015
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans
- Develop and implement environmental management system, ISO 14001
- Promote and raise awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Write environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company
- Carry out impact assessments to identify and reduce an organisation's environmental risks and costs
- Set organisational sustainability targets, and develop plans to meet targets and oversee their delivery
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.