Swindon with 2 days home based working
Salary / Benefits:
Around £60,000 - £70000 per annum, plus car / allowance of £5,000 and package.
We are currently recruiting for a Bid Manager to work for a fast-paced principal Rail and Civil Engineering contractor to drive and energise the bid team to achieve a successful outcome for allocated tenders
Could also suit an experienced Civil Engineer / Project Manager interested in getting into bid management.
Seeking candidates with:
- Previous experience of Bid / Tender management within a civils contractor site background within a relevant sector (Railway, Civil Engineering or Construction etc)
- A strong background in the Rail/Engineering sector would be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of the UK construction market Experience of proposals / bidding in highly regulated environments
- Experience working for a main contractor
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- A degree in Civil Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Drive and energise the bid team to achieve a successful outcome for each allocated tender
- Continually evaluate winning strategy and direct team and resources to focus on activities which will enhance chance of bid success
- Agree bid budget manage tender programme.
- Ensure all bids are produced using company approved software
- Demonstrate knowledge of the tendering process specific to particular schemes.
- Negotiating the optimum tender price from suppliers, wholesalers and subcontractors.
- Participate in handover of successful bids to construction delivery team.
- Review and plan the resource levels required to meet company tendering requirements
- Conduct ethical and equitable business practice in line with company values
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.