Our client is actively seeking an experienced engineer who is looking for a role that can provide the opportunity to expand their experience and responsibility combined with exposure to a wide variety of transportation engineering/planning projects.
- Managing and leading projects and providing support in the completion of technical analysis, client and stakeholder liaison, project management, and proposal preparation for a variety of public and private sector clients
- Preparing and contributing to transportation studies including multi-modal studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments, traffic impact studies, TDM, active transportation and parking studies for various public and private sector clients
- Supporting business development efforts by identifying, capturing and qualifying opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships and communication with clients.
- Assisting with proposal and report preparation related to transportation planning, traffic engineering and environmental assessments.
- Coordinating and contributing to public and agency consultation activities, including Public Open Houses/Information Centres.
- Familiarity with use and capabilities of software packages including Synchro SimTraffic, Arcady, VISSIM, EMME and MS Office for analysis, evaluation and report preparations.
- Designing and managing field work such as site investigations, traffic data collection and existing transportation conditions.
- Contribute to work analysis and design including pavement markings, signage, traffic management and detour plans utilizing appropriate standards and analysis tools/techniques.
- A degree in Civil Engineering (with a transportation engineering focus).
- Qualified to practice in Ontario as a Professional Engineer, or eligible to be qualified within six months.
- 15 + years of professional experience, preferably in the consulting industry
- Experience in a range of transportation planning and preliminary design studies of multi-modal transportation infrastructure including highways, roadways, transit, and active transportation.
- Knowledge and application of principles of geometric design and traffic engineering (e.g., TAC, OTM etc.)
- Understanding of traffic demand forecasting and impact analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of Municipal Class EA process.
- Preferred candidate will have strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills along with the following qualifications and experience.
- Consulting industry experience and specific experience working with municipalities is a strong asset.
Zurück zur Jobsuche