Our Client is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to join the Vaughan based team as a Construction Site Superintendent. This is an opportunity to join a company with over 25 years of construction experience. As a Site Superintendent you will be committed to maintaining a healthy and safe work environment for all our team members through hands-on, field-based collaboration with management and workers. You will be responsible for the supervision of all construction activities that take place on the site ensuring a high standard of safety workmanship and efficiency. Travel throughout the GTA area will be required.
Site Superintendent Role
- Work closely with the General Site Superintendent, Project Manager, Consultants, Inspectors and Regulatory Agencies to execute project plans.
- Supervise and direct all site staff and subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Ensure efficient use of labour, machinery and materials.
- Review, organize, manage and maintain all pertinent site documents.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule concerns while assisting in circumventing and / or resolving such problems, interferences or concerns.
- Maintain detailed project Daily Reports.
- Ensure compliance with all the COR requirements needed for maintaining COR Certification.
Required Skills and Experience for a Site Superintendent
- 10+ years’ experience working as a construction site superintendent.
- Post-secondary education in a construction related program.
- Extensive ICI related experience.
- Gold Seal Certified.
- TTC experience an asset.
- Experience with the IHSA COR certification program.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours as the project schedule demands.