Senior Project Engineer - Rail
Salary / Benefits:
£55,000 - £68,000 dependant on experience plus package including:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Travel Expenses
- Private medical
- Income Protectio
An independent rail consultancy of 10 years' standing, with a wealth of experience and expertise across a wide variety of environments and disciplines is looking to take on a multi-disciplinary railway Senior Project Engineer to support the full life cycle of infrastructure schemes in the UK.
Based in Birmingham with hybrid / homebased working 2 days a week.
Managing various projects at different stages of the GRIP life cycle, including preparing feasibility studies, design management and providing technical support to live construction projects as well as mechanical & electrical building services design and implementation.
Supporting the Engineering Manager and overseeing the engineering department and all aspects of projects, in accordance with company procedures and best practice guidance and to underpin the successful development, design and implementation of projects to the agreed targets and clients' satisfaction.
Skills / Experience
- Minimum 5 / 10 years' experience in project engineering
- Experience working on rail engineering multidisciplinary projects
- Railway infrastructure experience.
- A working knowledge of the railway environment and engineering practises
- Able to write, check and finalised technical reports
- Able to support junior engineers in the production of text and drawings to support such work.
- Experience of undertaking reviews of site engineering work and review of contractors build against design drawings.
- Able to bring own ideas on way of working to the engineering team.
- A Post Grad Civil Engineering or Rail Systems Degree or similar relevant qualification.
- Full Driving licence, CSCS card and PTS.
- Chartered Engineer / Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng etc)
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Assist the Engineering Director in the delivery of the Engineering Action Plan to help develop and grow an engineering team to support the growth objectives of the SLC Engineering division.
- Help develop robust Engineering Assurance Process for management of the design elements of projects during the development and implementation phases, and ensure that process accord with best practice, Standards and any applicable regulations.
- Help grow a Design Delivery team to enable the delivery of an in-house design team for the purposes of Design Development
- Undertake staff appraisals for engineering staff within his / her team and one to one reviews on a regular basis identify staff training and development requirements.
- Act as Delegated Engineer when necessary to support the development of other engineers.
- Provide ongoing support and set up support mechanisms for Project Engineers to ensure they continue to develop and improve the quality of delivery of projects.
- Report to the Engineering Director on the progress of the engineering / technical elements of projects
- Work with the Project Manager to establish an effective relationship
- Lead and inspire the engineering team
- Apply change, risk and resource management including early warning to line management
- Manage personal resources and own professional development and to work in a manner that promotes equality and values diversity.
For further information and to apply please get in touch.
Job Description provided on request.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.