Senior HSQE Manager / HSQE Lead
Kent with occational site travel.
£68,000 - £75,000+ negotiable dependant on experience plus package.
Working for a family-run Principal Contractor and Framework Contractor to Network Rail specialising in a whole manner of off-track services, including vegetation management, on-track plant hire, ecological support, civil engineering and fencing.
Based in Kent with occasion travel to site offices
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HSE leader to implement great ideas and strategies across a growing business and take responsibility for the development and leadership of the Health, Safety and Environment department/function and lead and maintain a Health and Safety culture that will be viewed as 'Best Practice' within our industry
As an experienced HSE manager/ leader you will write and embed policies and procedures, maintain and develop management systems, create effective reporting and collate reports ready to present to all stake holders involved.
The department currently consists of two H&S advisors and one senior H&S specialist who you will be directly responsible for so it is vital that the correct candidate has managerial experience.
Other responsibilities include;
- Monitor, review and evaluate current and forthcoming health, safety and environmental legislation and industry trends and ensure the business has systems and practice in place to meet legal compliance.
- Report to and advise the Managing Director and other stakeholders on HSE performance, compliance and risks. Lead internal HSE meetings with senior management. Provide management reports, incorporating KPI's, as required.
- Establish and rollout an annual programme of documented H&S inspections and audits.
I am seeking candidates with:
- Experience working in a similar role in HSQE
- Substantial experience working in the Rail industry (Essential)
- Experience in a strategic leadership role but with proactive willingness to work operationally
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Environmental management experience.
- A good understanding and application of health, safety & environment practices
- A passion for safety culture and behaviours
- Experience of working to and auditing ISO standards including 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Highly competent in MS Office
- Full driving license
- IEMA Environmental Certificate
- Experience in the forestry industry
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.