To assist the build function on the scheme by managing the internals packages of the construction process. The role will include liaising with the site wide team on a day-to-day basis and the coordination of activities relating to the internals. Further to this, the role will require you to plan works and reporting to Project Manager. You are also responsible for ensuring that the agreed design and specification is implemented and controlled on site.
The project will be working on residential apartments across multiple blocks as part of a larger long term project.
Health and Safety
- Become familiar with and ensure full compliance of group OHS&E procedures
- Ensure Site Rules are abided to and managing this.
- Assist with the documentation and filing of all safety records.
- Ensuring all RAMS are reviewed and approved prior to works being carried out and kept up to date including RAMs register.
- Conduct H&S briefings as required.
- Ensure that all near miss reports and accidents are reported and required documentation produced
- Conduct weekly H&S inspections and attend external inspections
- Report to Project Manager.
- Manage the contractors doing internals works.
- Take plots from pre-dec to handover to customer services.
- Coordinate with the site team in the management of production activities.
- Organise and chair finishes progress / snagging meetings.
- Subcontractor liaisons to ensure coordination between trades is maintained.
- Monitor progress against a build programme on a weekly basis
- Checking plans, drawings for accuracy of installation.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents.
- Managing and monitoring whole testing and commissioning procedures and processes.
- Liaising with the subcontractors, and management team involved in the project.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the trades to meet agreed deadlines.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Clean Handover of each apartment to customer services team.
- Understand and implement the required company standards and consultant’s specification, including British Standards and Eurocode.
- Implement the quality management systems throughout the build process.
- Be able to identify trade failings with quality, document the findings and ultimately ensure the works are rectified to meet the desired standards.
- Arrange benchmarks with Local Authority and Consultants as required.
- Ensure full compliance with the Project Quality Plan and input information as required.
- Contract administration, notices etc.
- Site Instructions
- Maintain a daily site diary. Include delays and mitigation measures.
- Maintain a record of up-to-date progress photos
- Maintain a record of up-to-date progress and produce
We have a current opportunity for a Internals Manager Greenwich on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.