Environmental Advisor or Manager
Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire / Site Based / Flexible Working
Covering sites between Birmingham & London
Salary / Benefits
£40,000 - £60,000, negotiable dependant on experience plus car / car allowance & package
Working for one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets including rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
This is a site-based role covering sites between Birmingham and London.
Travel to Head office based in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire would be required as needed.
- To facilitate compliance with legislative, corporate, and other requirements in relation to the environment.
- The prevention of pollution, protection of the environment (including biodiversity), and the reduction of waste.
- To facilitate implementation and development of the Environmental Management System (EMS) for the business.
- 5 years previous experience in a similar role on major construction projects is a requirement, ideally within the rail or civil engineering sector.
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management (DipEM) or educated in an environmental degree.
- Internal Auditor (ISO 14001:2004) with demonstrable experience of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audits..
- Experience in the Development, implementation, and assurance of project specific environmental and social value plans, with a particular focus on noise and vibration, biodiversity, carbon, waste and pollution prevention.
- Detailed knowledge of UK environmental legislation.
- Lead ISO 14001 auditor capability, with practical experience of its effective implementation.
- Hold or be working towards Full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good communication and organisational skills.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- NEBOSH Environmental
- Lead Auditor status
- Affiliate member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Management (CIWM).
- Working knowledge of rail infrastructure maintainer environmental and social contract requirements, standards and guidance would be advantageous
- To actively engage in the inspection and establishment of environmental protection measures.
- To ensure that information, training and instruction and task-specific advice on environmental management meets the needs of employees and those working on our behalf.
- To ensure that the EMS and associated supporting information incorporates construction processes.
- To ensure that the requirements of the EMS are being applied on operational projects and associated activities.
- To monitor operational compliance to the EMS, and the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004, ensuring implementation of effective improvement / preventive measures.
- The reporting of environmental related performance information, including but not restricted to audits, non-conformances, incidents.
- The effective use of Workspace functionalities in their relation to operational records.
- To ensure that environmental aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders are in accordance with the EMS.
- All VF environmental planning meetings, inspections and audits are completed within specified timescales.
- All non-conformances are closed out within specified timescales.
- Fulfil the requirements for on-the-job environmental awareness training
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.