Please do not be put off if you are not local to the role, my client accepts applicants from across the UK and offers subsistance to employees away from home. The client allows a late start on a Monday and an early finish on a Thursday to get home with a day working from home on a Friday and an early finish.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join a main contractor and work on one of the UK's largest Power projects.
This company offer great development and progression opportunities and is known as an employer who put their people first.
Key responsibilities for this Commercial Manager role:
- Reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager or Commercial Lead and Project Manager within the MEH Alliance EPM Commercial Organisation.
- The Commercial Manager will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £0-£100m in value subject to level of risk or complexity.
- The day-to-day management of Commercial Assistants and Commercial Apprentices under their control.
- Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement & execution phase (pre & post award)
- Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out)
- Interfacing with Legal team on conditions of contract issues.Providing support to the Senior Commercial Manager / Commercial Lead in ensuring all internal governance approval is in place to enable timely Contract Award.
- Providing support to the Senior Commercial Manager / Commercial Lead in ensuring all internal governance approval is in place to enable timely Contract Award.
- Providing support to the SCM / CL with contract negotiations to ensure best value for the HPC project through the procurement process.
- Participating in the contract kick-off meeting and organising the commercial section of the meeting.
- Managing Supplier / Contractor commercial relationships.
- Implementing progress and cost management, preparation of contract specific progress reports and reporting and participating in periodic contract reviews.
- Leading contract commercial reviews and attending progress reviews where
- Maintaining contract commercial files and cost records
Experience required for this Commercial Manager role:
- Educated to relevant degree level is preferable.
- Able to demonstrate a noteworthy track record of administering successful contracts.
- Effective commercial / contract management skills are essential, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies.
- Good commercial skills and ability to make sound decisions on matters of financial value.
- Understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management.
- Good negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect at all levels.
- Familiarity with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
- Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
Package offered for this Commercial Manager role:
- Up to £81,000 depending on experience
- £5,000 car allowance
- 13.5% shift uplift paid monthly
- Subsistance (if staying away from home)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
How to apply for this Commercial Manager role:
If you are interest in this Commercial Manager position then please apply via this job board or alternatively you can send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call me on 07817037769
Apply now for further details and immediate consideration for this Commercial Manager role. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business