Manchester York or Doncaster with Site Travel
Salary / Benefits
£40,000 - £45,000, negotiable dependant on experience. plus car allowance of £5500 plus package
Working for a fast paced principal Rail contractor to cover various railway signalling & telecoms projects in North West and Yorkshire
- 5 years previous experience in a similar role on major construction projects is a requirement, ideally within the rail sector.
- An environment or science-related degree or equivalent
- Experience in the Development, implementation and assurance of project specific environmental and social value plans, with a particular focus on noise and vibration, biodiversity, carbon, waste and pollution prevention.
- Detailed knowledge of UK environmental legislation.
- Lead ISO 14001 auditor capability, with practical experience of its effective implementation.
- Hold, or be working towards, Chartered Environmentalist and
- Hold or be working towards Full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
- Proficiency in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good communication and organisational skills.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- NEBOSH Environmental
- A Certificate of Competence in Environmental Noise Measurement.
- Working knowledge of rail infrastructure maintainer environmental and social contract requirements, standards and guidance would be advantageous
- Determining the environmental and social deliverables of rail infrastructure projects, and ensuring their integration into pre-contract, design, planning, construction, commissioning and hand back arrangements.
- Developing and maintaining environmental and social management plans, and other supporting documentation, and ensuring their effective briefing and cascade of controls through project documentation.
- Liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders (particularly clients, regulatory authorities, subcontractors, and members of the public) to minimise risks and maximise opportunities for environmental and social performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that project and delivery teams comply with both VolkerRail's internal management systems, legislation and client requirements, including the collection, analysis and reporting of data to measure performance against objectives and targets.
- Leading HSQES inspections, audits and other assurance activities, identifying trends and recommending preventative measures to address non-conformances and opportunities for improvement.
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert, providing specialist environmental support to project delivery teams, the wider VolkerRail business, VolkerWessels UK working groups and client or other sector level forums - driving the business and sector to continuously improve.
- Facilitating opportunities to add social value during project delivery through schools, charity and community engagement, and supporting the collection, input and reporting of social value data into both internal and external systems.
- Mentoring HSQES team members to further the attainment and upgrade of professional membership with IEMA.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.