The Assistant QS will report directly to the Commercial Director and will provide advice, assistance and reports on all commercial aspect as required by the tasks in relation to all of the past, current and future projects as required. The role includes offering support to the Commercial Department to enable Verogen to deliver projects on time and most importantly within budget. The Assistant QS will also help the Commercial Director to develop processes and procedures to create a robust standard for the financial control of the company.
- Assisting with Cost Plans and estimating for new developments on both the Subcontract and Main Contracting functions of the business
- Working on the Active Takeoff system to quantify projects
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with the supply chain
- Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Prepare Tender recommendations following completion of the above
- Sending out enquiries, creating comparison documents and placing of orders for Materials
- Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful subcontractors in a timely manner
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account
- Evaluate, discuss and raise any Variation orders as required for additional works
- Prepare quotations for Client variations and monitor from submission to approval
- Assist management in efficiently dealing with any potential contractual claims
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Director e.g. cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
- Assist with producing cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
- Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with Clients, subcontractors or internal meetings as required.
- Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources
- Give feedback to Estimators and Contracts Managers with regard to contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
- Take ownership of projects, with assistance from a QS or Commercial Director, including placing of orders, monitoring costs, dealing direct with the client on variations and taking the project to final account.
- Work closely with the project team and senior commercial staff to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project.