Senior Quantity Surveyor
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a market leading contractor and work on large scale Rail Projects.
The company are an approved Network Rail tier-one Principal Contractor. They deliver end-to-end design and build signalling, power and communications solutions across the UK Rail infrastructure.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to support the Commercial Manager in all aspects of Commercial administration, reporting and control.
You will have experience across multiple disciplines such as civils, E&P, telecoms and signalling.
You will be responsible for leading your designated portfolio from pre-contract through to the post contract stage. This will encompass the design and build of multi-discipline rail projects from concept to completion and up to the end of defects liability, whilst developing a positive working relationship with all stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager with fulfilling the company commercial objectives within Pre-Contract, Post-Contract and Procurement functions.
- Reviewing contract terms and conditions and identify risks and solutions.
- Liaising closely with the Pre-Contract team to understand the scope of works and using this information to assess the risks the terms have on individual projects.
- Negotiating terms and conditions with clients and supply chain.
- Key member of the Commercial team delivering multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience of working with the Network Rail suite of contracts; NEC3/4.
- Preparing Budgets, Forecasts, Business Plans, Periodic Reports and KPIs in liaison with the Commercial Manager
- Optimising contract turnover/profitability across all contracts.
- Production of monthly reconciliations of contract performance on all contracts.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the project teams.
- Creating a cash flow forecast, revised monthly, to submit to both the Client and for the purpose of internal reporting.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience within the Rail and civils construction sector.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Law.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in interpreting contracts/contractual terms.
- Good working knowledge of industry standard forms of contract, in particular the Network Rail suite.
- Work collaboratively and use influence to gain results.
- Present a professional image and promote the brand.
- Show initiative in resolving problems.
- Understand and seek to minimise waste in resources and processes.
- Full driving licence.
- Highly competent in the suite of Microsoft Office (365, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, PowerPoint etc).
Package offered for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
- ~£400 per day negotiable.
- Hybrid working – Office in Sheffield or York.
How to apply for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interested in this Senior Quantity Surveyor position, then please apply via this job board or email email@example.com or call 07734 979 689
Apply now for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role for further details and immediate consideration. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business