Senior Design Manager / Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM)
Salary / Benefits
£75,000 - £85,000 dependant on experience plus;
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Design Manager (CEM) to join our clients rail team in the Midlands region supporting multi-disciplinary rail civil engineering projects
As Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) you will be working within project delivery teams, responsible for managing the design delivery process for both the internal design team and external designers, primarily dedicated to schemes within regional frameworks but also providing support to a variety of multi-disciplinary rail, civil engineering projects throughout the Midlands region.
You will be responsible for managing the engineering process throughout the project lifecycle, working closely with the Project Manager and CRE(s), reporting to the Contracts Manager for the associated project/ programme of works. You will typically be responsible for:
- Reviewing the remits.
- Developing and agree the relevant engineering processes and deliverables for the complexity and scale of projects to enabling the right solution to be provided.
- This will be undertaken and agreed with the associated Network Rail DPE of the works, in accordance with Governance of Railway Infrastructure Projects (GRIP)
- Prepare and manage design reviews
- Arrange and attend meetings as required with the client, designers and colleagues to secure design and implementation.
- Review project generated documentation including CPPs, WPPs, TBs, Specifications, and drawings.
- Providing approval for construction methodologies
- Brief out changes to standards to the project team(s) throughout the lifecycle of the project/ programme of works.
- To excel in this position, you will have been approved as a CEM within a (similar) rail contracting organisation & have extensive railway, civils project experience.
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as CEM / Contractors Engineering Manager in a multi-disciplinary rail contracting environment.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Back to Job Search