Senior Aquatic Ecologist
Location: Remote Based
(ideally within 3hrs commute of Wokingham.(inc Midlands, EAnglia, SWest, SEast, SWales)
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 plus company car or £350/mth car allowance scheme
The UK's most trusted environmental services partner at the forefront of Britain's water, energy, and environmental infrastructure management is seeking a Senior Aquatic Ecologist to provide aquatic ecological consultancy to existing and new projects and provision of ecological services to the Group. Providing consultancy expertise in the discipline of freshwater ecology, including survey & reporting activity within freshwater habitats.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To undertake ecological site assessments of aquatic fauna and flora and complete associated report writing;
- To be reactive and respond to environmental incidents, complete the fieldwork necessary to enable a professional ecological impact assessment to be completed with report writing;
- Provide advice to the wider Group and clients on potential ecological impacts on emergency and/or planned works;
- Authoring and reviewing input to reports, devising monitoring strategies and working within multi-disciplinary teams to provide specialist input;
- Mentoring staff, supporting their written, analytical and field skills and developing their identification techniques in all freshwater disciplines
- Assist business development, marketing, quotations and tender writing
- To support the wider Water & Ecology team with general project delivery
- To project manager their own workloads to ensure a successful and profitable delivery
Knowledge & experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the ecological consultancy, with a particular emphasis on the aquatic environment;
- An understanding and experience of the industry survey techniques including fish and macroinvertebrates;
- Membership of an environmental professional body;
- Knowledge of legislation relating to the aquatic environment and its implementation, particularly the Water Framework Directive;
- Good personal time management, communication skills with internal and external clients and team members locally and nationally;
- Willingness to learn new skills and to be flexible in terms of travelling and working hours as projects can be distributed across the UK;
- Qualified to degree level in an environmental subject and have substantive experience in an aquatic ecology role;
- Higher degree in Aquatic Ecology or related discipline would be an advantage;
- Previous commercial and/or regulatory experience would be desirable;
- Conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel, and wider experience of scheduling / programming using specialist computer programs where appropriate would be an advantage;
- A full UK driving licence.
Hours of work
Weekly contractual hours are 35 per week, with daily hours being 9am until 5pm, five days per week 1 hour paid lunch break each day. Overtime is available and due to the nature of the duties of this post will be required to occasionally stay away from home overnight.
If you would like to learn more about this fantastic opportunity and to apply get in touch
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.