This is a great opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a main contractor and work on a portfolio of projects both existing and new tenders
The position of Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the minimization of project costs to enhance value for money whilst still achieving the required standards and quality. The Quantity Surveyor will assist the site team in delivering energy infrastructure projects across the company on time and within budget.
The Company is a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees leveraging 200 years of expertise. With revenues of €12 billion, They are present in 17 countries - mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
In the UK & Ireland, all of Another Client’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration are now part of This Company. The new entity also includes specialist energy related capabilities: smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
Key responsibilities for this Quantity Surveyor role:
- Financial Reporting
- Ability to interpret, create and maintain a CVR and EVA with the creation of regular budget reports.
- Ability to develop forecasts (final position and cash flow).
- Ability to develop estimates and feasibility studies with design input.
- Ability to prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Ability to identify and perform risk analysis with the identification of value management opportunities during pre-contract stages.
- Commercial Negotiation
- Performing risk and value management.
- Management of the end-to-end payment processes, complaint with the Construction Act, with experience in preparing and reviewing key documents such as applications for payment, payment notices and pay less notices.
- Ability to critically evaluate and identify valuations. o Competent in the issuing of formal notifications.
- Competent with dispute resolution.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses and or submittals.
- Competent in the development a Procurement Schedule and feeding comments to the Project Planner.
- Competent in dealing with Clients and Senior Management.
- Competent in taking site measurements from which to value works/ create projections.
Experience required for this Quantity Surveyor role:
- Contract Knowledge
- Wide understanding of model form contracts (JCT/MF1/NEC etc).
- Ability to identify the most appropriate form of contract for the given use.
- Ability to draft contracts and assist in the process to apply appropriate risk/liabilities, often drawn from the Head Contract.
- Ability to interpret and enforce contracts.
- Ability to support the site team on how to adhere to contract terms/ mechanisms.
- Ability to advise on the procurement strategy.
- Competence to ensure projects meet legal and quality standards, including knowing when to seek specialist advice from the internal Commercial and or Legal Teams.
- Work Experience
- To maintain and apply a good understanding of business objectives in all aspects of the role.
- Experience of working in large organisations.
- Experience of working on district heating/ industrial installation projects.
- Experience of site working.
- Experience of feeding into the delivery of a portfolio of Mechanical, Electrical and Civil projects through a diverse set of Senior PM's, Project Managers, Site Managers, Engineers and Designers.
- Ability to liaise with site teams, external parties and contractors to discuss the progress of the project and to address any issues that may arise.
- Ability to liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organize the phases of the construction development.
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to present information in a concise manner, both orally and written.
- Experience of working in a quality led environment, with full adherence to systems and procedures, and a focus on continual improvement for all their projects.
- Ability to identify, monitor, mitigate and manage project and operational risks.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Package offered for this Quantity Surveyor role:
- £350 Outside IR35
How to apply for this Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interest in this Quantity Surveyor position, then please apply via this job board or call James Wright on 07921 388037
Apply now for this Quantity Surveyor role for further details and immediate consideration. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business