Project Manager – Berlin / Germany
1) Be accountable for executing the project in accordance with industry practices and optimize Project Financial performance (Margin & Cash) • As Workpackage Owner of the Project Management Work Package, he/she is QCDP (quality, cost, delivery and performance) accountable for all the activities of his/her WP.
2) Be responsible for the project governance. Define project strategy in line with contract requirements, including PMP (people management cycle) elaboration and objectives allocation to Sub-Systems (planning, cost, quality, performance)
3) Lead and coordinate project activities and stakeholders from transfer to close-out including: • Proper transfer from tender to project • Definition of Project objectives and main drivers (product/service performance, planning) to achieve customer satisfaction in the frame of the Contract • Resource management: o Define in advance project core team staffing, as well as his/her WP resources o Escalate when project resources available do not match the project needs o Team leading, including Core Team and when applicable Project Managers of internal and external partners: • Make sure that key project stakeholders are aligned towards project/ goals. • Engage project teams in the successful achievement of project objectives and strengthen relationships among them • Synchronize internal partners and arbitrate when necessary • Alignment with contractual requirements and management of variation orders. Arbitration of Q,C,D,P re-baselining and change management at project level. Manage claim and litigations if needed • Proactive risk, saving and opportunity management • Financial management (cost & cash) – meeting agreed costs and cash target • Management of the project progress and its KPIs, and reports to senior management, with transparency during the business/critical project reviews. He/She is the representative of the project towards management. • Ensuring compliance with applicable rules, instructions and standards: Code of Ethics & Compliance, EHS, Railway Safety, Quality, Project Management
4) Manage customer and external stakeholders’ relationship • Continuously ensuring alignment with customer contractual requirements • Representative towards Customers and when applicable external stakeholders (Consortium, JV …) • Ensuring contract management and variation orders towards customer
5) Performance measurements: • Project Performance Indicator (PPI) • Gate review Go on time / OTD- GR • Cash-in • Customer Satisfaction • EHS when applicable
Qualifications: • Degree educated • 7-10 years experience qualified project manager - preferably PM certification • Experience of working in and with multi-national companies and in different business cultures • Knowledgeable of industry way of working for efficient process execution • Proven project management skills • Excellent communication skills • Team management (capacity to coordinate and ensure collaboration of multi-site/multi-metier teams) • Leadership, entrepreneurship mindset and result oriented • Good Knowledge of Project management processes • Knowledge of railway products and systems • Ability to manage customer relationship, excellent negotiation skills