Product Safety and Reliability Technical lead
For our Product Family FLEXITY located in Vienna, where we are engineering and manufacturing tramways, we are looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Product Safety and Reliability Technical Lead. In this role, you will perform the safety and reliability processes and activities along the whole lifecycle of products and subsystems. Essential part of this work is the provision of the necessary safety and reliability analyses, based on detailed analyses performed by other specialists in their own technical domains.
• The Technical Lead contributes successfully to the product/subsystem: Product Family specification and development; Bid and conceptual design; Preliminary and detailed design; Validation and authorization;
• Performs activities during the realization, authorization, operation and field support of the products/subsystems.
• He/she leads the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses with products and services.
• Interfaces with and supports internal and external stakeholders (engineering, customers, assessors, etc.) for various tasks during the product/system lifecycle;
• Supports and/or supervises and/or develops "Product Safety and Reliability Engineers" and "Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineers";
• Works on complex assignments, high risk matters and projects;
• Provides plans, cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs;
• Ensure the application of Product Safety Management System and the Reliability framework in the own domain(s) of responsibility;
• Ensure that relevant peer reviews for Product Safety and Reliability Deliverables are being performed;
• Be a party in document approval process; and in the V-cycle validation activities.
• A university degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent), or an equivalent working experience.
• 5-10 years of working experience post graduate;
• Proven record of relevant safety and/or reliability experience;
• 3-5 years of working experience in project assignments;
• Language: English & German mandatory;
• Knowledge and experience in the application of safety and reliability assessment techniques (FTA, risk matrix, FME(C)A, etc.);
• Experience in the application of relevant software tools (e.g. DOORS, Fault Tree+, etc.) is of benefit;
• Knowledge and experience in the interpretation and application of relevant standards, laws, regulation: may include EN 5012x, MIL-STD-882, IEEE Std 1012, CSM for Risk Assessment, etc.;
• Background knowledge in any particular engineering area (e.g. brakes, etc.) may be beneficial.