Principal Signalling Design Engineer
Salary / Benefits:
£57,000 - £68,000 dependant on level of experience plus car allowance or car and package
A successful principal contractor with a successful track record of delivering projects on the UK's national rail network is looking to take on a Principal Signalling Design Engineer to support the delivery of a variety of projects on a large scale Signalling, Power & communications framework.
Seeking candidates with any of the following experience;
- 7 / 10 years' experience in railway signalling
- A current IRSE Signalling Design License (1.1.110 1.1.510 - Signalling Designer or 1.1.130 1.1.550 - Signalling Principles Designer)
- Previous experience of Signalling control systems
- Knowledge of interfaces between signalling/system engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
- The ability to use the design software in the discipline (CAD etc)
- Any experience in ETCS (ERTMS L2) design, implementation, and integration of trackside system architecture desirable but not essential.
- Holder of 1.1.160v6 Signalling Design Verifier
- Institution membership; IRSE, IET etc
- Institution registration; IEng, CEng etc
- Holder of PTS
- Signalling Design CRE's & CEMS
- Engineering qualification; Degree, HND, HNC etc
- Experienced in the use of Bentley MicroStation
- Experienced in the use of common data environments such ProjectWise
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
SSI Data Experience
- Delivery of signalling designs according to project requirements, signalling principles, company's specific solutions.
- Perform works in accordance with Alstom engineering process, quality standards and railway safety standards.
- Perform functional support to multiple teams within the engineering group
- Work across multiple projects and interface to key stakeholders within the project and engineering teams.
- Emphasis on ensuring all designs are in-time, at cost and of high quality.
- Delivery of Signalling Design i.e. Signalling Plan, Control Table, Cable Plan, Headway simulation, etc. according to project requirements, Railway Signalling Principles and Company's Systems.
- Support on related Signalling design work such as Hardware/OCS/Installation design.
- Prepare supporting project documentation as required by Work Package Leader.
- Attend and contribute at weekly and monthly meetings and partake in self learning activities and transfer of knowledge to others
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.