Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary / Benefits
£35,000 - £50,000 - Dependant on level of experience plus package including
- 10% Annual Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
An internationally acclaimed company that specialise in the design and manufacture of rail engineering technology & providing solutions to track maintenance, signalling and stressing problems is looking to hire a number of experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to support their growing team in Plymouth
Working alongside companies like Network Rail, Deutsche Bahn, Siemens and Thales the company supplies over 100 products, all designed to increase productivity, reduce possession times and improve railway and worker safety.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering (or similar field).
- Experience in railway and/or regulated industry - desirable.
- Competence in the use of 3D CAD for modelling and drafting and PDM - Solid Edge/ Teamcenter preferred however transition training can be provided.
- Ability to generate innovative and practically sound design solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively chair meetings and interpret, create and present technical documents.
- Build positive working relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Technical expertise and experience in mechanical engineering, including modern best practice (e.g. peer review/evaluation).
- Ability to complete mechanical analysis to a high standard for customer approval.
- Ability to implement continuous improvement activities using PDCA cycle.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- Knowledge of welded fabrication design and castings
- Knowledge of composite materials -
- Electrical principles or more advanced knowledge
- The design and development of new products.
- Lead design projects from specification to production engaging all relevant stakeholders.
- Support the production of existing product portfolio.
- 3D modelling using CAD and creating engineering drawings ensuring that they are accurate and correctly filed/issued.
- Support the creation of standard operating instructions, production engineering design, jig and fixture design.
- Draft and develop technical documentation including design specifications, design proposals, testing plans and reports, product manuals, mechanical analysis reports, risk assessments and assurance documentation.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives throughout the business.
- The provision of factory and field technical support to sales and marketing activities including technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with relevant company procedures.
For further information on the role get in touch.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.