As an Independent Safety Assessor you are responsible for providing an independent professional opinion that the signalling system meets its safety requirements in its intended environment for use. You will plan and perform the assessment tasks such as review of hazard analysis, review of safety cases, design and test as well as verification and validation documentation. You will compile an Assessment Report that documents the results of your work. You will work in parallel, but independently from the project team to check that the project team including the Validator work is in compliance with internal processes and safety standards.
This position requires working with SW, HW, system integration as well as railway operational related tasks.
- Safety Assessment: Provide Safety Assessment as defined in CENELEC EN50126, 50128 and 50129 standards for RCS products, systems and solutions.
- Reporting: Prepare List of Open Points to capture all assessment review findings and associated closure arguments. Prepare Assessment Report as overall result of your work.
- Planning: Develop Assessment Plans in accordance with Inspection Body procedures and applicable safety standards. Plan your work according to the project's milestones.
- Safety Audits: Perform safety audits, generate audit reports and follow-up audit findings.
- Training/ Mentoring: In line with applicable rules of independence provide Safety Awareness training and mentoring to the Engineering organization in RCS.
- Master degree or higher education in engineering or computer science
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Functional Safety Standards (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129, EN61508)
- Experience with ISO17020 or equivalent standards
- Hazard Identification techniques such as HAZOP, FMECA, FTA, DITLOT
- Software Architecture, Development, Tests
- Requirements Engineering
- Experience with railway operations such as ERTMS/ETCS, CBTC, Interlocking, ATP Systems
- Railway authorization procedures and legislation such as TSI CCS, Common Safety Methods
- Fluent in English, German is beneficial
- Well organized and structured, with the ability to work effectively against deadlines
- Very good communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and make decisions required by role's responsibility
- Capable of coordinating work within the project and handling conflict resolutions