Graduate / Assistant Ecologist
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience gained.
A fast growing Environmental Consultancy specialising in ecology, hydrology, contaminated land, construction sector support and arboricultural advice is recruiting Graduate Ecologists to join our growing national Ecology team in Surrey.
You will get the opportunity to work on an interesting and varied portfolio of work including to assist with a range of survey work, including bats, badgers (including sett exclusions), water voles, great crested newts, e-DNA surveys, otter surveys, fish habitat and electric fishing, amongst other work.
Mentoring and training will be provided to develop your field and ecological assessment skills, and progress through CIEEM to eventual chartership. We will also support you to obtain protected species licences depending on where your ecological interests lie.
- Providing field and office ecological support on a wide range of projects
- Providing input into all stages of Ecological Impact Assessments and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
- Providing ecological input into other consents such as Water Framework Directive (WFD) assessments
- Protected species licence applications and mitigation
- Design of habitat restoration/creation schemes and delivering Biodiversity Net Gain
- Ecological Clerk of Works roles
- Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public.
The role is suitable for entry level ecology graduates or those with up to 2 seasons of experience.
You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Have an ecological/environmental related degree
- Have some practical experience of undertaking ecological surveys
- Have an understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain
- Have excellent written and oral communication
- Have the ability to organise, manage and prioritise work, with or without supervision, in order to meet tight deadlines and deliver well-planned work schedules
- Hold a full UK driving licence
The following experience is also preferred but not essential:
- Bat Sound Analysis
- Experience of using Arc suite (Collector, Survey 123) or similar
- Membership of CIEEM (any level)
- Have (or working towards) a protected species licence
To apply for this fantastic opportunity get in touch now
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.