3 days office based 2 days home based working.
Salary / Benefits:
£40,000 - £75,000 per annum, dependant on experience, plus a Car / Car allowance, Bonus Scheme, Holiday Allowance & Pension Contribution
A highly experienced & recognisable principle Rail contractor is looking to add to their already existing centralised estimating team.
The candidate will ideally have the following experience/skill set:
- Compensating experience in successful estimating within Railway, Commercial, Construction or comparable industry.
- A minimum of 5 years Rail Estimating experience working for a Rail contractor would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience and track record of accurate costings and being part of a winning team.
- Proficient in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience of using estimating software
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of all Estimating techniques with a proven track record
- Minimum HNC in a relevant field or comparable experience
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- A Degree in a suitable field
- A strong background in core Rail disciplines i.e. (PWay, OLE, E&P, Civils & Signalling)
- Tier 1 principle Rail contractors such as Balfour Beatty, Volker Rail, Carillion & Amey
- Prepare & receive enquiries
- To report directly into the head of estimating
- Assist the bid team in post tender negotiations
- Work closely & regularly liaise with Network Rail
- Contribute to risk review / assessment process where required
- Where necessary produce programmes to establish indirect & direct costs
- Work with Commercial & Procurement staff to identify sub contract enquiry packages
- Work with a team of 5 to maximise opportunities to achieve the best net cost estimate
- Develop information into a competent price & also present the same at the review stage
- Select suppliers in order to obtain the required number of compliant competitive quotations
- Prepare financial elements of tender - incorporating all of the sub contract & materials costs
- Work with members of bid team to assemble supporting information for tender review & submission
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.