Train Control Engineer
Purpose of the Job
You will manage the development of all Train Control & Information Systems (TC&IS) deliverables (sub-system, electrical and software work products) for a Project from offer, specification, design, validation to end of warranty period.
- Validating the TC&IS Development, Configuration, Validation and Management Plan application.
- Achieving the specified software quality requirements detailed in System Engineering and TCMS Software Quality Plan and informs the team members of their associated responsibilities.
- Ensuring the quality on all domain of his/her project (Schematic, Apparatus, Software…)
- Managing the design planning and the achievement of the Design/Verification reviews in all step of the Design For Quality cycle
- Delivering all TC & IS Engineering outputs including, TCMS RSADs, Software specification or Functional Design Description FDD, Software, Electrical Schemes and Electrical Products definition (with the support of Electrical Lead Engineer), in compliance with the Engineering Quality Cost Delay commitments.
- Managing interface and ensure follow up of sub-systems (electrical components, PACIS, CCTV, Multimedia, TCMS, Event recorder, Train Ground Communication, ATC/Safety equipment).
- Ensuring standardization and maximize the carry over with previous project.
- Supporting Industrial and Manufacturing areas during First Train Assembly.
- Supporting Commissioning and Validation area during First Train tests.
- Functional management of the Train Control & IS resources of the project.
- Formulating a design solution that fulfils the specified customer requirements by defining the architecture and performances of the TCIS subsystems and functional studies you are responsible for, maximizing the re-use of service-proven design patterns.
- Monitoring, control and consolidate the TC & IS work package (Work Package Review, Risk mitigation, Quality Cost Delay project target) and ensure the reporting activities to the Project Engineering Manager of the project.
- Defining the applicable TCMS configuration (low voltage scheme, apparatus, and software version) with the Train System Engineer, Train Design Engineer, Project Engineering Manager and its team.
- Contributing to the return of experiences on his/her domain (Software, Schematic, Apparatus).
Knowledge & Experience
- Rolling stock functional engineer experiences on several train functions.
- Work package and Team management experiences
- Hands-on electrical and schematic design activity
- Hands-on experience in design & development of model based control systems using application tools like Control Build, Matlab / Simulink, Matrix or similar tools.
- Knowledge of network topologies and interfaces for Serial, Ethernet, MVB and other industrial communication network.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- English language mandatory (German is a plus).