Our client is currently looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer to join their Transportation team in one of their GTA office locations
- Responsible for leading preliminary and final designs for major road infrastructure projects, including stormwater management, utility relocation management and property requirements.
- Develop designs that satisfy approval agencies, including conservation authorities, MNRF and MECP.
- Overall responsibility for design drawings prepared using Civil3D and Inroads.
- Develop tender documents, reports, and specifications.
- Collaborate with staff among all areas of the company and external subconsultants to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Quality Control and Assurance to confirm the design meets TAC/MTO standards, client's requirements and RVA's Quality Management system.
- Resolve complex construction issues including constructability, staging, temporary works and commissioning.
- Experience in both AutoCAD and Microstation platforms.
- Participate in the training, development and mentoring of junior staff. Communicate directions clearly to designers.
- Attend internal team meetings and client review meetings.
- 10+ years' experience in conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of transportation projects, including quantities and contract specifications is essential.
- Must hold an active P.Eng designation to practice in the province of Ontario.
- Proficient in transportation and municipal design.
- Experience with design of grade separations, HOV and BRT lanes and transit facilities; storm water management will be an asset.
- Experience in rail infrastructure projects with familiarity in Metrolinx, CN, CP, and AREMA design guidelines is an asset.
- Training in Canadian Railway Operating Rules and Track Inspection Guidelines would be an asset.
- Must be proficient in design engineering for large municipal and provincial agencies.
- Must possess practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Experience managing projects in Civil 3D and/or InRoads.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and stakeholders to meet deliverables on multiple projects at any given time.
- Aptitude for meeting schedule and budgets, proposal writing and client development.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written English communication skills.