Senior Quantity Surveyor
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a main contractor and work on exciting Rail Projects.
The company is an award-winning main contractor who are market leaders working on major Railway Projects nationally.
This company are forward thinking, offer great training and development opportunities and are recognised for their great culture, which puts their people first.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be accountable for the delivery of commercial management services for individual projects.
Commercial Service Delivery
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- NEC3 Option A, C and E experience
- Experience working on Civil Projects previously
- Strong forecasting experience to within +/-3% per period
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
- Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
- Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
- Have an up-to-date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc. Revision Document Number: Page 2 of 4 Status: Security Classification:
- Measurement of quantities (CESMM3 or NRM) in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Good knowledge of how programmes work and float within a programme (Project float/ Terminal float and Time Risk Allowance)
- Used Earned Value before (CPI and SPI)
- Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
- Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
- Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
- Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
- Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
- Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
- Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager.
Who are we looking for?
The following are mandatory requirements:
- Degree qualification.
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
- CSCS card (relevant type).
- Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Should demonstrate leadership and management skills and have the ability to develop commercial awareness within the team.
Package offered for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
- £450 per day.
- Working mainly from site/office.
How to apply for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interested in this Senior Quantity Surveyor position, then please apply via this job board or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07734 979 689
Apply now for this Senior Quantity Surveyor role for further details and immediate consideration. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Senior Quantity Surveyor