Due to our clients continued work on the rail multi-discipline framework in Southern England (mainly covering Kent, Sussex and South London) our client is looking for a Section Engineer to work on project ranging from 300k up to £4million.
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Confirm in writing any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed and digitally recorded.
- Prepare 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman.
- Monitor 4 weekly programme, mark up progress for review at the weekly site review meeting.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary.
- Carry out material take off and requisitions as requested by sub agent / agent.
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to finance team for processing.
- Supervise site engineers.
- Monitor the work to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / NWR together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the 3D information drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works, and formally request any missing information.
- Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work is programmed to commence.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree, HND in Civil Engineering with Rail experience
- Able to maintain high personal standards in health and safety and environmental awareness (CSCS, SSSTS)
- Experience in a similar role or successful experience at Assistant Engineer level. Preferally with Rail experience
- Experience knowledge of Engineering, construction and design
- Prepare monitoring and reporting progress against "look ahead" programmes
- Experienced in setting out
- Organising/procuring plant and materials
- Completing quality assurance documentation and providing feedback to the team
- Good communication skills
- Sound knowledge in producing method statements, risk assessment, inspection and test plans etc.
- Gathering data, compiling comprehensive reports (site diaries, as-built, resources etc.
- Abilility to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to carry out general construction site testing
- Sound knowledge in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Additional skill in the use of AutoCAD
- Able to produce short term programme
What's in it for you?
Circa £400 per day INSIDE IR35, potentially negotiable for outstanding candidates.
How to apply for this Section Engineer role:
If you are interested in this Section Engineer position, then please apply via this job board or call James on 07701 287 122 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.