Ecology & Sustainability Advisor - Rail / Civil Engineering
Salary / Benefits
£40,000-£45000 plus car allowance and package dependant on experience.
A key principal contractor in the rail civils sector has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sustainability & Ecology Advisor to join our established and expanding business, giving specialist advice and guidance to project and framework teams around around the South East region in relation to Ecology and Sustainability issues
Seeking candidates with;
- Previous experience as an Ecologist with wider Environmental and Sustainability experience in a rail and civil engineering project environment.
- Relevant environmental / Ecology qualification - degree/diploma/HNC/HND
- Experience working in civil engineering project environments (ideally within rail)
- Ideally Chartered member of IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment) or similar (IEMA, CIWEM or IEEM member)
- Species licence (desirable)
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for an individual to be part of a growing rail and engineering business.
The role shall involve undertaking and reporting preliminary ecology surveys; technical sustainability and assurance support to operational and support staff; preparation and submission of environmental permits; assisting the Department in developing and delivering its corporate and client driven sustainability strategies; and, bid support.
As Sustainability & Ecology Advisor, you will be responsible for the regional strategy for Environment & Social Sustainability. Your day to day duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To undertake and report preliminary ecology surveys of work sites and advise operational staff of appropriate mitigation and enhancement measures
- To undertake audits and inspections
- To support operational teams apply for environmental permits and consents
- To provide advice and assistance to Amco-Giffen staff and employees on sustainability and assurance issues in the south east region
- To liaise with Amco-Giffen employees, Clients and third parties such as environmental regulators
- To support the SHEQ Department in the development of internal systems, and in the pursuit of SHEQ strategy objectives.
- To deliver sustainability training
- To input sustainability and assurance advice into the tendering process
- To collate sustainability and assurance data and support site teams with implementing Client sustainability initiatives
- To maintain good communications with the regional health and safety and operational teams and the Head Office SHEQ team.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.